Articles on this Page
- 05/03/11--17:18: _Sword-Swinging Ninj...
- 06/04/11--08:49: _Ontario Reacts to L...
- 08/01/11--06:15: _It's Not Just Asian...
- 08/27/11--10:30: _Feds Hiring Unemplo...
- 10/15/11--06:58: _Toxic Algae Bloom i...
- 11/26/11--09:10: _Invasive? Bloody Re...
- 12/10/11--10:11: _New Flame Retardant...
- 01/31/12--06:52: _Too Far? New Plan t...
- 03/26/12--08:12: _SOM Architects Call...
- 06/28/12--02:00: _ The Decolonizing D...
- 09/10/12--10:22: _US and Canada Sign ...
- 02/22/13--12:04: _The Great Lakes vac...
- 06/27/13--10:18: _Body wash beads con...
- 01/07/14--10:44: _How can we deal wit...
- 03/04/14--06:56: _Great Lakes days aw...
- 06/16/14--05:00: _Illinois passes fir...
- 03/09/15--13:15: _The most contaminat...
- 05/03/11--17:18: Sword-Swinging Ninjas On Skis Go After Asian Carp (Video)
- 06/04/11--08:49: Ontario Reacts to Live Asian Carp Spilled in River
- 08/01/11--06:15: It's Not Just Asian Carp: U.S. Identifies 40 High-Risk Species
- 08/27/11--10:30: Feds Hiring Unemployed for Great Lakes Cleanup
- 10/15/11--06:58: Toxic Algae Bloom in Lake Erie Worst in Decades
- 11/26/11--09:10: Invasive? Bloody Red Shrimp Are Supper for Great Lakes Fish
- 12/10/11--10:11: New Flame Retardants as Bad as Old Flame Retardants
- 03/26/12--08:12: SOM Architects Call for a 100 Year Vision for the Great Lakes
- 09/10/12--10:22: US and Canada Sign New Great Lakes Accord
- 02/22/13--12:04: The Great Lakes vacationing in... Europe
- 06/27/13--10:18: Body wash beads contaminate the Great Lakes
- 01/07/14--10:44: How can we deal with the Asian Carp invasion?
- 03/04/14--06:56: Great Lakes days away from record ice cover
- 06/16/14--05:00: Illinois passes first microbead ban in the world
Asian carp, meet your worst nightmare. Not poison. Not an electric barrier, or a predator from your native land. No, this is good ol' American ingenuity. With a touch of Ted Nugent, or maybe Chuck Norris. People dressed in spiked body armor with
This was an actual test. But only a test. Like those emergency tones you hear on your TV when a storm is approaching. Officials in Ontario, Canada, think the possibility of a live Asian carp invasion via truck is real. People
Concerned about Asian carp? Meet the invasive cousins, you might say, of the monster fish. The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has released a white paper on 40 high-risk species to watch out for,
Who says we have to choose between jobs and the environment? The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is starting a sort of Public Works program for the Great Lakes --- prioritizing funding for restoration projects that put the
Blooming Lake Erie. Photo Credit: NASA EO
Pure Michigan is a slogan used in the Great Lakes State, to bring in tourists and celebrate the beauty of nature. You probably won't be seeing these images in any Pure Michigan ad campaign. They're of algae,
Bloody red shrimp are invasive, but yummy for some native Great Lakes fish. A first-time find by Canadian researchers.
Flame retardants build up in the DNA of Great Lakes fish. Not cool.
Great Lakes residents would be paying this off for 47 years ... but reaping the benefits for just as long.
The availability and quality of fresh water to sustain a radically urbanizing world is unquestionably a core issue of our time and requires holistic environmental thinking at an unprecedented scale
How big of a locavore are you? Could you eat only foods that were available to Native Americans before 1600?
It's been forty years since Nixon and Trudeau signed the original; it's time for an update.
Sometimes the best way to get an idea of the scale of something is to change the context.
Exfoliating body wash may make you clean, but it's making the lake water dirty.
A major report just released offers expensive technological solutions. We reivew options ranging from barriers to bow-hunting.
This long, cold winter has created the most ice cover on the Great Lakes in 20 years—and with ice cover usually at its peak in mid-March, there's still time for records to be broken.
Finally one state is putting a stop to the "exfoliocean." Hopefully others will follow its lead, forcing companies to adopt eco-friendly alternatives.
Well, at least the most iconic animal in the United States won't catch on fire too easily...